The Tidewater Horse Council was organized by a group of Tidewater horse enthusiasts in 1978 and incorporated in 1980. THC is neither breed nor discipline specific. Its purpose is to progressively develop the well-rounded horse person while promoting owner responsibility, safety, horse management and all styles of riding. It is an educational and legislative arm of the horse industry in the Hampton Roads area that benefits all facets of the horse community.
The objectives of THC are:
- Identify community problems, issues and concerns which THC can and should address, and prioritize according to the need and available resources.
- Assess and implement horse related programs; activities and other educational seminars for the horse owner and enthusiast.
- Identify other horse organizations and clubs that are working with some of the same identified needs and look for opportunities for cooperation and
- Design and implement an annual program plan for club members and other equestrians.
- Further horse and rider safety issues
- Be an advocate for the horse community and industry
- Promote good sportsmanship in all horse activities.
TIDEWATER HORSE COUNCIL, P. O. Box 6826, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23456